LAND USE BYLAW PUBLIC HEARING
The Land Use Bylaw 2024-01 received First Reading on January 9th 2024. A Public Hearing will be held on February 27th 2024 at 9:15 a.m. during the Regular Council meeting in the Council Chambers at the County office in Wanham.
The proposed bylaw amendment report is available on the County website at www.birchhillscounty.com or in person at the County office. If you have questions about the Bylaw or process, please contact the Development Officer at the County office (780-694-3793).
Public is requested to submit any concerns they may have regarding this Bylaw in writing to Birch Hills County, Box 157 Wanham, AB T0H 3P0 before 4:00pm on February 20th 2024 or attend the Public Hearing.
- Changes to permitted and discretionary uses.
- Lot coverage limit in Hamlet General District to 50%
- Clarification in Building Setbacks from Municipal Roadways
- A graphic to clarify sight triangles from Municipal Roadway Intersections.
- New Country Residential District 2 (CR2) for single parcel out.
- Redistricting “single out” parcels from Agriculture District to CR2 District.
- Amendments to Country Residential District – Multi Parcel Development
- Redistricting Agriculture zoned properties with Recreation use to Recreation Zoning.
- Requirement for Permanent Agriculture buildings to apply for development permit, at no fee.
- Allowing 6 backyard hens in Hamlet General and Country Residential 1 lots.
- Allowing 2 animals (either Cows, Horses, Goats, Sheep) on Hamlet General lots larger then 4 acres and Country Residential 1 Lots.